Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Name: The Bang Bang Club
Sounds like: Noah and the Whale, Empire of the Sun
Start with: "Chemistry" click here

I'm not going to lie. The main reason I like this single "Chemistry" so much is mainly because of the music video. Call me a snob, but I love music videos that are more artistic than have storyline. I would rather see clips of people dancing dressed in feathers than see an actual story in a video. Maybe it's because the need to overanalyze obscure symbols and motifs has been engraved in my brain by my junior IB English teacher. For example:

Perhaps the juxtaposition of the bright paint with the black and white background represents the ever-growing chaos in narrator's mind. However, he enjoys this chaos because of the situation he was in before was making him feel oppressed, represented by the Burlesque woman. The African dancer adds to this by, symbolizing the narrator's want to be free of his oppression.

Thank you, Mrs. Blamey.

Literary analysis aside, this is one of the few bands that I've come across that is, for lack of a better word, fashionable. I mean, just look at these guys: they're super stylish. Any band that has a that kind of aesthetic is winner in my book. If I had to describe their sound, I would say indie pop.

So how did I come across such a random band? (I think this is their only single so far, actually) Well, when my brain has been throughly fried from studying so much biology, I like to wind down by intense Youtube/iTunes song and artist searching. The Bang Bang Club just came up as a recommended band for me so I thought I'd share them with you awesome peeps.

Check then out and let me know what you think!

Please remember you can convert any songs on Youtube to an mp3 file for your iPod, here.

Peace,

Naz

No comments:

Post a Comment


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You seemed to have stumbled upon our blog.

We're Hera and Naz. Both of us are full time biology majors at the lovely University of Southern Indiana. When we're not out doing nerdy school stuff, we enjoy shopping, drinking slushies, and of course, writing on this awesome blog.

'What Makes the World Go Round' was started in August of 2011 to be a catch-all for our thoughts. We try and update as much as we can, depending on how hectic our lives. So bear with us. :) Please feel free to browse (by clicking on the cloud tabs above), comment and/or subscribe. We love hearing what you have to say!

Oh, and also remember to visit often. Happy browsing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...