Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thursday Throwback

So I am getting frustrated as I through my iTunes and Spotify while I'm sitting in my living room and listening to the freezing winds blow outside. I am so sick of it all. Everything is just so overplayed! I am tired of listening to the same songs, over and over and over. There is just no good new music out there right now! Then, my iTunes shuffled to an extremely old song and my mood brightened! So I thought of this wonderful idea of having Throwback Thursdays every once in a while, where we share some tunes from back in the day (which is middle school for me since that's when I actually started listening to music besides Bollywood stuff). We could all relive some of the old memories these songs might remind us of.

For this first ever Throwback Thursday, I picked a couple songs that I hope you all enjoy.

1. I'm Like A Bird
Singer: Nelly Furtado
Album: Whoa, Nelly!
Year: 2000

This song used to be one of my favorites! I love Nelly Furtado. I wish she would come out with some new stuff. Her voice is so unique and has a spunk to it. It's hard to find this kind of music these days. Actually, it's hard to find any music that isn't club music.



2. Baby It's You
Singer: JoJo
Album: The High Road
Year: 2006

I love JoJo! She recently released a new album, but it wasn't as good as some of her old stuff. I love the beats of this song, so catchy! JoJo had so much attitude that reflected in her music. I miss this kind of attitude. She's the real definition of a Jersey girl, not Snooki.


Well, that's all for now. I should probably get more productive now. Share some of your favorite old school tunes from back in the day (whenever that may be for you) by commenting below, tweeting at us, or posting on our Facebook page here.

Thanks for listening,
Hera

2 comments:

  1. i hope you get emails when someone comments on your posts, otherwise you'll prolly never see this. i LOVE old nelly furtado songs! def still enjoy when she shows up on my pandora stations :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish she came out with more new music! i looove her voice. it's so different :)

      Delete


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You seemed to have stumbled upon our blog.

We're Hera and Naz. Both of us are full time biology majors at the lovely University of Southern Indiana. When we're not out doing nerdy school stuff, we enjoy shopping, drinking slushies, and of course, writing on this awesome blog.

'What Makes the World Go Round' was started in August of 2011 to be a catch-all for our thoughts. We try and update as much as we can, depending on how hectic our lives. So bear with us. :) Please feel free to browse (by clicking on the cloud tabs above), comment and/or subscribe. We love hearing what you have to say!

Oh, and also remember to visit often. Happy browsing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...