Sunday, August 12, 2012

Summer Favorites!

Summer means a lot of sun and scorching hot weather. The past few days have been kind of miserable with all the humidity and sun (but I still prefer summer over winter). In the summer, I keep my makeup super light! That way, it doesn't feel like my face is melting when I do go out. Here are some of my personal favorite makeup items for the summer. They do their job by correcting any imperfections while keeping the look natural, so I look awake, fresh and put together. :)

1. Neutrogena oil-free face moisturizer
I love this stuff. I tend to have dry skin and most moisturizers make me break out, but this one has been working wonders for me. Not only is it a great oil-free moisturizer, but it also has SPF 35. Unlike most people, I don't want a summer tan (already got a natural one going on year round) so the sun blocking aspect of this moisturizer helps with that. According to the back of the bottle, it won't clog pores, it's alcohol- and fragrance-free and it's hypoallergenic. It's about $10 at any drugstore.

2. Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm
Oh em gee, I am in love with this stuff. It's this moisturizing lip balm that has a VERYYY light tint to it. It comes in the CUTEST colors and the packaging just makes you so happy because it's so cute. It also has SPF 20 for a lil sun protection. I absolutely love the little bit of tint it has. Just the perfect about of color on your lips for the summer without the heaviness of a lipstick or lip gloss. If you're not into color, there is also a clear version! These cost about $3 - $5 at any drugstore.

3. Maybelline "the Falsies" Volume Express Mascara
Eye liners, eye shadows, etc. just are too heavy for me to wear during a hot summer day. But I still need something to make my eyes look awake and mascara does the trick! I'm not a very big fan of mascara but this mascara from Maybelline is the one mascara I don't mind wearing! It's super light and doesn't clump. It's also quite long lasting for me and easy to remove at night. This mascara is usually around $5.

4. Neutrogena SkinClearing oil-free makeup
I don't wear foundation in the summer unless I'm going out in the evening. However, this foundation is a life saver. For days I need more coverage, I usually use this foundation. What I love about it is that it's super blendable so a little goes a long way. Also it doesn't clog pores so your skin can still breathe. I just wear a little over my moisturizer wherever I need it and I'm good to go for the rest of the day. This usually costs about $10 at any drugstore.

And that is basically all I use in the summer! What are some of your favorite summer products? Share them with us below or on Facebook! Also, we'd love it if you'd share our page with your friends. :)

Bye lovelies,
Hera

No comments:

Post a Comment


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You seemed to have stumbled upon our blog.

We're Hera and Naz. Both of us are full time biology majors at the lovely University of Southern Indiana. When we're not out doing nerdy school stuff, we enjoy shopping, drinking slushies, and of course, writing on this awesome blog.

'What Makes the World Go Round' was started in August of 2011 to be a catch-all for our thoughts. We try and update as much as we can, depending on how hectic our lives. So bear with us. :) Please feel free to browse (by clicking on the cloud tabs above), comment and/or subscribe. We love hearing what you have to say!

Oh, and also remember to visit often. Happy browsing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...