Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm not picky! I just like my food a certain way.

I love food, and I can safely say that Naz does too. We try so many different restaurants and watch Food Network in our free time. You should really hear us when we describe a delicious meal we ate at some place to each other. We don't realize it at the time, but we describe food so well that the other could probably taste it. And if there's nothing else to talk about, food is always a great conversation starter.

I've always been open to try new things when it came to food. I can eat pretty much anything without ever complaining. I'm not what you would call a "picky eater" per say. However, I have noticed that I am picky about being unpicky. I know, that was an oxymoron and made absolutely no sense. Let me see if I can make this make sense to you in writing.

For example, as you may have read in the about us tab, I have a huge sweet tooth. I love desserts! It's probably my favorite part of a full course meal. I love cookies and cakes and trifles and parfaits. And here's where I get picky. I can eat a whole batch of cookies by myself, but only if they're chocolate chip. I will eat cake only if it has whipped icing. If it's white cake, it better have chocolate icing. If it's a chocolate cake, I would prefer German chocolate and no chocolate icing on the chocolate cake. I love trifles as long as there are no cherries and the consistency of cake and custard is balanced. I don't do peanuts, walnuts, almonds, etc. in my dessert. No strawberry yogurt in my parfaits please! I could live off of tiramisu for the rest of my life. I like my vanilla ice cream with brownies. Cookie dough ice cream is not the same as cookies and cream ice cream (which is the perfect midnight snack). I love flan as long as it doesn't have an egg-y aftertaste. Cheesecake is delicious as long as it's from the Cheesecake factory and isn't chocolate.

I think you get my point now. I am always willing to try new foods (unless it's looking at me or has legs or is a brain) but I like my food a certain way. Naz, on the other hand, is a bit more adventurous than me when it comes to food...

So a couple of weeks ago Hera, our friend Nishu and I went out to eat at this Mongolian barbecue and I, to Nish's dismay, tried calamari for the first time. Like Hera mentioned before, I love to watch Food Network and so I would like to consider myself a bit of a foodie. I'll try almost anything, within reason. So anyway, I documented my first taste of calamari so please enjoy the picture below (notice Nishu reeling in disgust in the background). It's not so bad except the tentacles that brush up against your cheecks. It is the most peculiar feeling...

What are some really weird foods you've tried? Or better yet, what are some foods that you're really picky about?

4 comments:

  1. wow...the picture of tiramisu is pure evil right now. *drool. What exactly is French food? I want to try all different kinds of food but i'd only be willing to eat it with someone who already knows the taste b/c i've realized i do NOT try anything new if there's already something on a menu i love. examples, i ONLY get bean burritos, ONLY get pad thai from Noodles...um, ONLY get chicken quesadillas from qdoba...yeah...someone needs to pry me out of my shell.

    i LOVE the tangent on desserts...SO TRUE! who puts chocolate icing on CHOCOLATE cake? that doesn't make any sense!

    -arooj (btw...how do i "subscribe"? i'm technologically challenged...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can subscribe through your gmail account or twitter or bloglovin. but you have to have one of those :)

    and u should try new food! its a risk but its fun. take baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can subscribe with a yahoo account too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm.. i sometimes being picky too
    im cheese lover than choco maniac (like my sis) Alhamdulillah, so we nvr get fight into our food, hehehehe..

    well, but still i luv cullinary!!!
    yippie.. its challenging yaa

    check out my blog n folme back pls if u like.. jazakillah khair ^^
    www.callmeikatrina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
You seemed to have stumbled upon our blog.

We're Hera and Naz. Both of us are full time biology majors at the lovely University of Southern Indiana. When we're not out doing nerdy school stuff, we enjoy shopping, drinking slushies, and of course, writing on this awesome blog.

'What Makes the World Go Round' was started in August of 2011 to be a catch-all for our thoughts. We try and update as much as we can, depending on how hectic our lives. So bear with us. :) Please feel free to browse (by clicking on the cloud tabs above), comment and/or subscribe. We love hearing what you have to say!

Oh, and also remember to visit often. Happy browsing!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...